Saturday, April 08, 2006

Day 2 continuation: A drama queen was born at Skocjan Caves

Along the highway from Koper to Ljubljana, there is an exit that leads to Skocjan Caves, one of the largest underground caves in Europe. One of the most interesting features of this cave is a “natural bridge” made of limestone that is located 50 metres above the Reka River that flows underground. It is an astounding sight the first time we had a glimpse of it. However, due to preservation of the caves, we were not allowed to take any photos inside the caves.

We arrived about 15 minutes before the 3pm tour. We were all hungry, having only had chips for lunch, but eager to get on with the guided tour into the caves. That tour would take 1.5 hours. Looking at the time, I knew I had to sacrifice Postojna Caves. In any case, my travel companions were not too keen on exploring so many caves. At times like this, I wish I was travelling on my own … but that’s life when you have travel companions. You have to take the bad with the good.

We almost swoon when we saw our tour guide. Good lord! What a perfect specimen of a man ~ a lanky six footer (or more) with a face to drool and swoon over! And no, I am not exaggerating ~ see for yourself. Both TooToo and I were so excited over the guide but one had to act cool la!


Our Slovenian guide at the Skocjan Caves. A perfect specimen of a man!

Peik Lean Y.

1 comment:

Idham said...

AWW..HE SO ENSEM...but could not help but to say...he looks like me eh Leanne...

and tQ for sharing ur journey...wow...envy u gal..

IdHam