Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Day 2 continuation: Scouring for rooms at Ljubljana

And we thought our Day 2 adventure ended there! I admit the next problem we had was all because of me, me and me! I did not book any rooms, firstly because as a lone traveler, I am used to changing plans at my whims and fancy. I would delay doing the thing that would tie down my itinerary. And therefore, at 6+ pm when we finally arrived at Ljubljana, I was totally unprepared for the fact that the rooms at Celica Hostel were fully booked and that there was nothing left for us. I found Celica Hostel through a recommendation from a fellow backpacker from the Thorn Tree forum ~ an online forum that caters to travelers and provides a platform for them to share experiences. Celica Hostel is famous due to the fact that the previous occupants of the hostel were inmates! Yup! It is a really cool hostel, which was formerly a prison but has since been converted into a hostel. I so wanted to stay there for the night!

The very interesting Celica Hostel, a former prison, in Ljubljana.


Peik Lean Y.

No comments: